Located 35 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, Lewis University is a comprehensive, Catholic university where the traditions of liberal learning and preparation for professional life give the university its educational identity and mission focus.
Lewis provides more than 80 undergraduate majors and programs of study, 35 graduate programs, and accelerated programs for working adults through the Colleges of Aviation, Science and Technology, Business, Education and Social Sciences, Humanities, Fine Arts and Communications, and Nursing and Health Sciences. Premier programs include aviation, criminal/social justice, education, nursing, and business. Lewis is one of many schools sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers with over 320 years of teaching experience in the Lasallian tradition.
Founded in 1932 under the direction of the Chicago Archdiocese and Bishop Bernard J. Sheil, Lewis began as the Holy Name Technical School for boys. Aviation technology was the special emphasis of instruction and the origin of today’s highly regarded Department of Aviation. In 1952 the school was renamed the Lewis College of Science and Technology. In 1960, the De La Salle Christian Brothers - named after Saint John Baptist de La Salle, their founder and Patron Saint of Educators – assumed direction of the institution. Today, with growing enrollment, outstanding programs, experienced faculty and motivated students, Lewis University is recognized as one of the finest, mid-sized, comprehensive Catholic universities in the country甘肃快3走势图. See a more detailed History.
Private, co-educational, founded in 1932.
Catholic and Lasallian. One of more than 60 universities worldwide sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers.
Main campus situated on 410 beautiful acres in Romeoville, Illinois just 35 miles southwest of downtown Chicago.
6,359 undergraduate and graduate students. Seventh largest private, not-for-profit in Illinois.
242 full-time. Student / faculty ratio is 13:1
Colleges and Schools
- College of Aviation, Science and Technology
- College of Business
- College of Education and Social Sciences
- College of Humanities, Fine Arts and Communications
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences and Health Sciences
- School of Graduate, Professional & Continuing Education
- Associate of Science (A.S.)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Elected Studies (B.E.S.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
- Certificate of Advanced Study (C.A.S.)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
More than 80 undergraduate majors and areas of study and 35 graduate programs.
Professional and career preparation in a liberal arts tradition
Member of the NCAA Division II and the Great Lakes Valley Conference in 20 sports for men and women.
- Basketball –M/W
- Baseball -M
- Cross-Country –M/W
- Golf – M/W
- Soccer – M/W
- Softball - W
- Swimming – M/W
- Tennis – M/W
- Indoor Track and Field - M/W
- Outdoor Track and Field - M/W
- Volleyball - M/W
More than 100 active student organizations.
12 residence halls housing 1,300 students.
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, Colleges of Distinction, College Access & Opportunity and GI Jobs
- Largest bachelor’s degree program in Nursing in Illinois among private, not-for-profit universities
- Nationally ranked Flight Team
- Nationally ranked Mock Trial Team
- Award winning student newspaper The Flyer
- First all digital college radio station in the country甘肃快3走势图
- Second largest undergraduate program in Criminal/ Social Justice among private universities in Illinois
- The only University aviation program in Illinois with an airport on campus
- The only university in Illinois to be selected by the FAA to offer the Air Traffic Control program, and one of 35 nationally
- Located in Will County
- Largest graduate program in School Counseling in Illinois
- Nursing and Aviation students recently achieved 100% pass rate on certification exams