Immunizations and TB Testing Information
The Illinois College Student Immunization Act (110-ILCS 20) requires ALL students enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours per semester (on the Romeoville campus) to provide written evidence of current immune status with respect to certain communicable diseases. You are required to submit an up to date copy of your immunization (shot) record to the Health 甘肃快3走势图 office here on campus. This is separate from any academic program requirements.
The Illinois College Student Immunization Act requires ALL students born after January 1, 1957 enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours on the Romeoville campus to provide written evidence of current immune status with respect to certain communicable diseases. Documentation must be submitted to campus Health 甘肃快3走势图 by September 1 for Fall classes and by February 1 for Spring classes. Students not in compliance by or before the deadline will have a Medical Hold for future class registration and cannot add, drop or make any schedule changes until compliance is met. Students who are not compliant by the grace period, 1st week in October (for Fall classes) or the 1st week of March (for Spring classes), will also have a non-refundable $50 late fee assessed.
Vaccinations REQUIRED by the State of Illinois for college students include diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella and meningococcal vaccine:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Students shall provide dates of any combination of three or more doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis containing vaccine. One dose MUST be Tdap vaccine. The last dose of vaccine (DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap) must have been received within 10 years prior to the term of current enrollment. Receipt of Tetanus Toxoid (T.T.) vaccine is not acceptable in fulfilling this requirement.
Measles, Mumps and Rubella 2 doses after 12 months of age
- 2 doses of (measles, mumps, rubella) fulfill the requirements - two (2) doses no less than 28 days apart and both administered after your first birthday and after live vaccine available-May 1, 1971. Students who cannot provide proof of immunization may provide laboratory (serologic) evidence of measles, mumps and rubella immunity.
Or proof of:
- 2 Measles (Rubeola, Hard, Red, 10-day) - two (2) doses no less than 28 days apart and administered both after your first birthday and after January 1, 1968. Students who cannot provide proof of immunization may provide laboratory (serologic) evidence of measles immunity.
- 2 Mumps - Two (2) doses administered both after your first birthday and after January 1, 1968. Students who cannot provide proof of immunization may provide laboratory (serologic) evidence of mumps immunity.
- 2 Rubella (German Measles, 3-day) - Two (2) doses administered both after your first birthday and after January 1, 1970. Students who cannot provide proof of immunization may provide laboratory (serologic) evidence of rubella immunity.
For measles, mumps and rubella vaccines only, in lieu of proof of immunity as defined above, evidence of birth on or before January 1, 1957, such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, or personal identification card issued by the Secretary of State. Students born before 1957 are not exempt from the diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis requirement and must provide proof of a current Td/Tdap vaccination (dose administered in the last 10 years).
Beginning Fall term 2016-2017, all new admissions under the age of 22 shall show proof of having at least one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after 16 years of age.
For more information:
You also can visit the websites of the and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Influenza Vaccine
An ANNUAL FLU SHOT (influenza vaccination) is also highly recommended for college students. Health 甘肃快3走势图 offers flu shots to students each fall.
ALL STUDENTS are encouraged to get vaccinated! Residents, commuters, full-time, part-time, athletes, non-athletes.
For more information on other recommended vaccinations click on the following links. For a full list of recommended vaccinations visit
TB Screening / Testing Information
Tuberculosis (TB) testing is available through Health 甘肃快3走势图. Call for details.
Questions? Please call (815) 836-5455 during Center hours.
For comments, complaints or more information regarding College Immunization Code please contact:
IDPH Immunization Program
525 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, IL 62761
- CDC Immunizations Hotline: 800-232-4636